Craft Sale

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One of the top sellers at the craft sales (for me) seem to be my Candy Bar Sliders.  These are so much fun how you pull on the ribbon and ooohhh – out pops a candy bar!! One gal (last year) bought them for all her hair clients and attached her business card to the candy bar.  But think how sweet it would be to pull it out and not only do you get chocolate but a gift card attached!!!  Another lady (last year) bought them to put at the place settings for her family members for their Thanksgiving dinner.  These, of course, are just a sample of the Christmas ones we sold at the craft sale.  Sue actually sold a ton of Halloween themed candy bar sliders at Saturday’s craft sale.  Way to go Sue!!

 DSCF1885DSCF1886

My friend showed these candy bar sliders to her friend who is a RED HAT LADY and she asked me to make special ones designed for her group of Red Hat Ladies so this is what I came up with… Aren’t they cute??  She LOVED them!

DSCF0937 (1)

THEN… she and her group of ladies were going on a trip together and she asked me to make more and gave me the theme of “Wine and Cheese” so after scratching my head a bit, this is what I came up with…DSCF1115 DSCF1116 (1)

I just love that little mouse!  The tag says “If you give a mouse some cheese… she will probably want some wine and crackers to go with it.”

Want to make some of your own?  Just cut your designer paper to 6x6 score on one side at 1/2” fold on score line, then fold in half. Use red line sticky strip tape to seal side and bottom.  Then using your crimper, crimp the bottom edge just a bit – about 4 lines worth.  Using your crop-o-dile punch a hole through both layers at the top using the smaller of the two punches.  Insert 16” of 1/4” ribbon, push in your candy bar, adjust the lengths of your ribbon, then tie.  Decorate as desired.  If you make some I would love to see what you have done so please share pictures with me.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates