Trash or Treasure

Monday, September 28, 2009
My friend Rachel and I are doing a Trash or Treasure battle and she is way ahead of me with the items we have decided to face off on, but this is one I had on hand and I needed a post for today. Sorry, Rachel, I will get to those others I promise - when life slows down - yeah right! Actually right now I am sitting at Zeeland Christian School with Sue for their craft sale. I did really well last year and am hoping to do well again this year.


These are my favorite Mandarin Oranges that I get at Costco. As you can see they have the pop top lid. What I do is use my Pampered Chef can opener (that opens around the edges and leave the lid able to reuse or recycle) to cut off the BOTTOM of the can leaving the pop top in tact. I molded chocolate turkeys and put them in a little zipper bag and sealed it up using
Stampin' Up's! Crystal Effects to seal it back up. That way the lucky recipient gets to pop the original top to get to her goodies.


MENU:
SS: Pick A Petal
CS: Rose Red, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa
INK: Ruby Red, More Mustard, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, large oval punch, five petal punch, Boho Blossom Punch, large and small tag punches, Crystal Effects

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Rachel Verbrugge said...

Whoa Christi! I think you are gonna blow me away with our trash or treasure challenges - great job.

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates