Family Birthday

Friday, March 4, 2011
A quick card count up date... as of mail delivery on Thursday, March 3, I have received 70 cards so far that will be donated to the military men and women to send home to their family and friends. And by the way... they are all so beautiful!! Thank you to everyone who has participated so far.

I love celebrating birthday's with our family. It is a whole new adventure now with two of the three kids married and Joey has a girlfriend as well. In fact, Melissa, (Joey's girlfriend) has a birthday exactly right between Dale's birthday and my birthday, so when we went out to eat together to celebrate we could celebrate Melissa's birthday as well.

This year we chose to meet at Red Robins - mostly because of their endless baskets of french fries for Tyler and Gracie. I think Gracie's corn dog was as big as her face.
Melissa is such a shorty that her gift bag completely covered her up.


Okay, this is better...

Tyler and Gracie kept occupied and quiet with Grampa's phone playing Angry Birds.


and some FREE yummy dessert for the birthday girl...


Look at the beautiful card from Jeff and Jess

and Julie and her family...
Gotta love the special note inside!!! Thanks Julie!!!

Of course Joey had to send a funny card


What I especially like is the way he addressed my envelope...


and thanks Joey and Melissa for paying for our dinners - a special surprise gift!

Dale ventured into the land of digital card making for the VERY FIRST TIME to make me this great birthday card...



Dale really made my birthday special by meeting me for lunch, and taking me out to dinner. No one wants to cook on her birthday! All this on the tail of a Bed and Breakfast weekend - boy do I feel special! Thanks Babe!! You can check out that blog post on our Waite Estate Blog HERE.

I believe this has got to be the best birthday I have EVER had !!! Who said getting old was a negative thing???!!!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates