Birthday Invitations

Monday, June 6, 2011
If you saw yesterday's post you would have seen Parker who just had his second birthday. They chose to have a golf theme for his birthday party this year as golf is Parker's favorite sport. I guess he even has his own set of REAL golf clubs sized perfectly just for him.
His mom asked me to make the invitations for Parker's party.

I started by creating the invitation on the computer, then sponged the grassy area with
Garden Green Classic Ink and the sky with Bashful Blue Classic Ink

Now time to pull out all the punches to create this golf themed invitation.


Here are the pieces I used to create the golf cart and flag

Wheels: 1" Circle Punch in Whisper White and 1/2" Circle Punch in Basic Black
Seat: Word Window Punch cut down to 1 1/4" in Whisper White
and a Small Heart Punch in Basic Black

Word Window Punch was used for the side pieces that
attach the roof to the cart and for the steering wheel.
More how-to on the steering wheel below.

I used the Top Note Die and the Big Shot to create the golf cart body


You can see how the Top Note comes out with a perforated edge. I just trimmed that off.

I was able to get 2 golf carts from 1 Top Note
I created a pattern from scrap paper so all I had to do was go to town and cut them all out.


For the oval area of the "green" I cut out a Scalloped Frame Oval Die and used the inside as a template to sponge So Saffron Classic Ink.


I also used the Scalloped Oval Die (the inside piece) for the top of the golf cart


and trimmed them to approx 1/2"

I chose to use So Saffron Card Stock and then I sponged it with Garden Green Classic Ink.

Here is how I made the steering wheel...
First I punched 'this much' using the Word Window Punch and Basic Black Card Stock


Then I measured 1" from the side

Re-inserted it and punched again to get the same rounded edge on both ends


Now just assemble
Here is the finished invitation again

(I hand cut the flag and pole and heat embossed the number 2 on the flag
with Craft White Ink and White Embossing Powder.)

Hope you will give this a try.

Have a Blessed Day!! Christi

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Brenda H. said...

So cute . . . thanks for sharing all the details on how to make it! I'm going to try!

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates