Talent NIght

Saturday, September 3, 2011
During the summer our church has Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinners for 6-7 weeks.
Each week has a different theme.
Some of those were:

"Hymn Sing",
"Bowling and Tailgater",
"Water Games",
"Minute To Win It",
and "Talent Night".

Talent Night is usually a high light of the Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinners,
and I am the coordinator for that night.
This year was another great year with 16 different talents (acts).
From young to old(er), from vocals to instrumentals and lip syncs - it was a GREAT night.
Even Dale was asked to sing with a men's quintet singing an accapella song
"I Then Shall Live." (a wonderful old hymn.)
As an encouragement to those who participated I sent out cards to thank them for sharing their talent. Some cards were specific for their talent so I thought I would share those with you.

There were a few who either played the guitar or violin so I made this card for them.
I borrowed my friend Rachel's stamp set called GRUNGE ROCK and copied her
card for this one, but switched out the greeting.
Thanks Rachel!!
Check out Rachel's blog HERE.


One little gal (4th grader) played the piano and she was dressed in the cutest little dress so I had to make this fancy dress card for her using the Build a Blossom Punch.


Two of our young gals sang Patriotic songs. I LOVE Patriotic songs!
and they both did a Fantastic job!


One lady recited something she called WISTED TUP
It was the Cinderella story with all the words twisted up.
It was fun to hear all the chuckles from the crowd at how it came out.
I thought she deserved a Cinderella themed card


One group of 5 kids did a lip sync called "Manly Man" that was hilarious!
The three girls were dressed with big hats and boas so I had to borrow Glenda's Red Hat Lady Stamp to make this card for them. I used my handy dandy sketch challenge booklet that Glenda gave us quite some time ago to decide how to design the card, and I am happy how it turned out.


The older of the two boys had a 'dad' hat and a (too big) tie so I was happy to have a chance to use my new stamp set called BEST DAD EVER to make his card.


The youngest boy - maybe 8 years old - came out and he was the base voice. He had the best facial inflections and his eyes just twinkled. We laughed and laughed through the whole thing.
I just had to use my Build A Bear Die to make this card for him.


What a joy it is to see people sharing their talents with us.
It is a highlight of our summer.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love the cards, Christi! What a way to thank people...not just with words, but with their "deeds" too. ;)
Have a great day!
Sara

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates