RHSSC #47

Sunday, July 29, 2012
 Sketch Challenge Time!!

This is what we had to work with this week...
And this is my take on it...

I must say this card gave me the fits. It simply started because I was looking for a stamp that I could use as an example of how to use your Blender Pen $9.95 102845 so I could show it to the gals in my down line.  When I came across this stamp set called  
LAYERED LABELS #127070 $33.95 (W) or #127072 $25.95 (C) 
I thought it would be great to give it a try.  I liked how the Old Olive of the main stamped image turned out using the Blender Pen, and I knew I wanted to pop up the center using different colored inks to give the card dimensions, but if you only knew how many times I stamped this trying to get a color combo that I could work with.
so I went to my Color Coach (imagine me slapping my head and saying "duh")
 $14.95 120148 English only, 
 Add cards to your Color Coach.
2011–2013 In Color Cards $2.50 124886 English only
new 2012–2014 In Color Cards $2.50 126890 English only, 
and it made a much easier combo choice. I chose to use Regal Rose and Soft Suede along with the Old Olive. By adding the Finial Press Embossing Folder (retired) to the card front it really helped, and although you cannot see it in the photo I added Champagne Shimmer Paint #116806 $5.95 with a Sponge Dauber $10.95 102892  to the raised areas.
The little "Thanks" stamp is from the stamp set
PERFECT PUNCHES #117022 $24.95 (W) #120516 $17.95 (C).  
 By using the new 
Apothecary Accents Framelits
4 dies (largest: 4-7/8" x 2-3/4"). Designed to cut
images from World Treasures Stamp Set (p. 98)
and Layered Labels Stamp Set (p. 103).
$24.95 127003
I was able to not only cut out the stamped image but I could also make the back ground border for it.
I was glad that Marlane and Nancy wanted to join in on the fun again so
Click HERE to see what they and the other gals did with this Sketch Challenge

When Carla and I spend time together this past week I had her work on a Sketch
Challenge for today.  I really love what she came up with and the fact that she
combined the challenge with a need to send an Engagement card to her niece.
Super Card, Carla! I Love It!

Thanks For Stopping By!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates