Tool Time

Tuesday, July 31, 2012
 I have been working diligently at stocking up on some craft sale items for September
and I loved this little TOOL BOX I found by Valerie Moody.  
She made the Tool Box by using the TWO TAGS DIE and the BIG SHOT.  
I checked my stock and I had some brand new pencils on hand to use for the handles.  
I found some coffee flavored candies at the Office Supply Store of all places and thought 
it would be the perfect guy treat.  I know how much my husband enjoys his cup of 
coffee in the morning and I know there are others out there that REALLY 
enjoy their coffee.  I thought it was a perfect mix.


As I was putting these all together I thought this same design would make a cute cradle
I wonder if I could do that??
You Betcha!!
I put the wood grain on the Shimmer White card stock using Versa Mark and Clear EP. 
I think the back ground stamp still had a little color residue on it from stamping 
all the tool boxes and it gave a slight color to the wood grain 
which I love how it came out.
A half of a large Scalloped Circle Die made a lovely cradle topper.
I enlisted the aid of my sister who sews and literally saves every little scrap 
to help me out with some lace.  She had a whole drawer for me to choose from.  
I decided to go with this ecru colored double lace and hot 
glued it around the cradle.  The rockers are 3" Circles


I had some leftover baby blue ribbon from the local craft store that says "It's a Boy!!" 
and thought it would work perfectly for the cradle. 
Brads hold the cradle topper on so that it is movable (not stationary)

I'm thinking this will make a cute Baby Shower Favor or perhaps I will put a gift card
in it for the next baby shower I go to.

When Carla came to play she wanted to make a cradle too.  I love the lace she chose


Thanks For Stopping By!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Kards by Kathi said...

I LOVE both your toolbox and your cradle. Could you give me some instructions to make this? Thanks.

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates