Puppy Punch Art and a Yummy Recipe!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Last night was our PUNCH ART CLASS which is fast becoming a favorite for everyone.
When you sign up AND pay in advance OR place an order IN ADVANCE for any of my classes, I have a small gift for you.
At last nights PUNCH ART CLASS the ladies made 3 cute cards (see the original post HERE)
Their small gift for pre paying this class was a PUNCH ART PUPPY inspired by Diana Gibbs.
I put my PUNCH ART PUPPY on a card to give them an idea of how they could use it, but I am sure they will come up with a variety of cute cards or scrap book pages with this cute little pup.

4 months ago I started a Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Diet!  I can see this will be a lifetime change for me.  I feel so much better and my chronic cough has disappeared.  But what I crave is the SWEETS!! I was uber-careful with the sugars, but now that I am nearing my 6 month goal in only 4 months I am venturing to add natural sugars to my diet, like PURE Organic Cane Sugar, Sucanat (instead of brown sugar) and yesterday I tried PURE Organic Coconut Sugar in these YUMMY cookies:
I am not going to be stingy - so here is the recipe I found on line

ALMOND BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES
1 C Natural Almond Butter
1/2 C + 1 T Coconut Sugar
1/4 C Applesauce
1 T ground Flax Seed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
Generous 3/4C Oatmeal

In a small dish combine applesauce and flax set aside
Preheat oven 350 degrees
If your Almond Butter is super hard, microwave it for a few seconds to get it soft and stirrable
In a small bowl combine Almond Butter, Coconut Sugar, Vanilla, Salt and Applesauce mixture.  Mix in the baking soda and oats.
Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper
Bake 350 for 8-9 min.  My oven took only 7 min. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
Yield: Using my Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop I got 17 cookies
I calculated the Weight Watcher Points because even eating good for you (better for you) foods you still need to eat in moderation.  So this recipe divided by 17 cookies I figured to be about 2.75 Weight Watcher Points.
ENJOY!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates