Glazed Doughnut Muffins

Sunday, February 2, 2014
With a VERY Snowy week last week the kids school was called off Monday-Wednesday, only to have a mid-winter break on Friday and then tomorrow as well.  Go figure - these kids won't know what it is like to put in a full week of school anymore.

Tyler and Gracie spent the day with me on Friday.  Tyler likes to work in the kitchen with Gramma so we decided GLAZED DOUGHNUT MUFFINS would be perfect

 Adding the dry ingredients...
 glazing the muffins...
 the finished product...
They smelled so yummy and I was feeling a bit left out so we dug right back in and made a GLUTEN FREE batch.  I also substituted the white sugar for PURE ORGANIC CANE SUGAR and the brown sugar I substituted SUCANAT.  The milk was substituted with RICE MILK.

Finished product...DELICIOUS!!!  A definite remake.  No one would know that they are gluten free AT ALL.  The batter was quite a bit thicker than the original recipe but the texture when eating them is PERFECT!

Here is the recipe in case you want to give it a try:

GLAZED DOUGHNUT MUFFINS

1/4 C butter
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
1/2 C granulated sugar (PURE ORGANIC CANE SUGAR)
1/3 C brown sugar (SUCANAT)
2 large eggs
2 2/3 C flour (GLUTEN FREE FLOUR BLEND) - I buy mine from Costco
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 C milk (RICE MILK)

For the Glaze:

3 T butter - melted
1 C sifted confectioners sugar (I make my own using PURE ORGANIC CANE SUGAR 1 1/2 C with                                              1 T Cornstarch in  my VITA MIX)
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 T HOT water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cream the butter, oil, sugars until they are smooth
2.  Add the eggs and beat to combine
3.  Mix your dry ingredients together
4. Mix milk with vanilla
5.  Alternate the dry ingredients with the milk mixture beginning and ending with the flour

Bake at 425 degrees for 15-17 min.  I have a convection oven and that only took 12 min

ENJOY!!

What does Gracie like to do when she is at Gramma's?
STAMP!!  That's my girl!!


 She thought it was funny how her sun from SPRING SAMPLER stamp set left this image on the Daffodil Delight stamp pad
She said she was making party invitations for her friends.  I am so glad that I bought the stamp set STYLIN' GIRL when the catalog first came out.  It is Gracie's go-to stamp set.
Here is her finished project

So glad to have my stamping buddy and my baking buddy with me.

She also drew a lovely mural on the chalk side of my work station.  I think I will keep this there FOREVER ("the "m's" are birds, Gramma")

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates