A Red Hot Stamper Swap

Friday, March 14, 2014
The Red Hot Stampers were challenged to join a Occasions Catalog/Sale a bration Card Swap for our March downline meeting.  The rules: to use product from the Occasions Catalog and/or the Sale a bration flyer.  We were also allowed to use product from the main catalog - you know, like paper and ink and so forth.  I read on someones blog that she tried to take a product that looked more challenging to her and try to come up with something - to stretch her creative mind. I thought I should give it a try too.  The one item I did purchase (because I always buy ALL the embossing folders) is the AMPERSAND TEXTURED IMPRESSIONS EMBOSSING FOLDER.  This item is located in the Occasions Catalog on page 22 for only $7.95.  Right next to the Embossing Folder is the WATERCOLOR WONDER DESIGNER WASHI TAPE.  I love Washi Tape, but once again, I don't always go to it so I thought I would combine the two items.  When we were at Leadership, one of the gals talked about the different trends that were out there for decorating, clothing, etc and GOLD was one of the HOT TRENDS that she found, so there is a lot of GOLD found in the Occasions Catalog.  I tend to be a silver girl with jewelry, etc. but since I was stretching myself I thought I would jump into the GOLD - kind of an Olympic feel I guess!!  Okay, enough talk... Here's my swap card...



The Card Stock that I used is the BRUSHED GOLD pg 156 Main Catalog $7.95 and Real Red Coordinations Sandable Card stock pg 143 Main Catalog $23.95 (you get 40 sheets; 4 each of 10 colors - Brights in this situation).  I tried sanding the Ampersand, but really didn't like how it looked for this particular card.  So why did I still use the Coordinations paper?  Well, I really liked the textured look to the Coordinations paper.  I know it is hard to see in this photo but trust me it really does look much nicer than the normal Real Red Card Stock for this card.  It is also heavier and the embossed ampersand really stands out nice.

After I got all the cards done I started clearing off my work station and spotted my GOLD SEQUIN TRIM (page 23 of the Occasions Catalog $4.95) and decided to place a few on the card to see if it jazzed it up a bit...I like it!! so now here is the new revised version of my swap card



The stamp set I used is called PERFECT PENNANTS page 27 of the Occasions Catalog $21.95 (clear mount).  A little Versa Mark with GOLD Embossing Powder made the stamp image jump off the card. Another NEW item is the STARBURST FRAMELITS found on page 34 of the Occasions Catalog.  What is neat about these is that you can save 15% if you purchase the STARBURST FRAMELITS with the coordinating stamp set called STARBURST SAYINGS also found on page 34 of the Occasions Catalog.  The bundle is $38.95 (clear mount).  Separately the price is $18.95 (clear mount stamp set) and $26.95 for the Framelits.  You will save $6.95 by buying the bundle!!  

One of the great things about being involved in a card swap is that you come away with tons of great ideas for upcoming classes which I am sure I will be using.  Every card was absolutely beautiful!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates