Sentimental Sunday

Sunday, December 7, 2014
Two weeks ago I had the privilege to serve at the open house for a sweet lady in our church who celebrated her 100th birthday!  Yes! you read that right - 100 years old.  What an amazing lady she is - her mind is still clear as a bell, and she stills lives on her own and walks without aid.  However, if her handsome son is around she will gladly take his assistance!!

The Sentimental part for me is that I have known this lady all my life and I babysat for her grandchildren who lived right across the street from me when I was a kid.  I remember starting to watch the kids by playing with them and when I was responsible enough they would let me stay while they went out.  Now look how big they are!!

 The "baby" of the family (Carla - in the back) was born when I was a senior in high school so I did not watch her as much as Darin and Dawn.  Dawn was my little buddy who would come over every time I baked cookies so she could be my helper.  I have such fond memories of these kids it's no wonder that I wanted children of my own and then had a child care business in my home for 15 years.  The years kind of get away from you as you get older.  Darin and Carla live in other states but Dawn is now my neighbor again in the condo association where we live.  I just love them all so much, it was fun spending that time with them and being a part of their family again!

Thanks for stopping by!
Christi

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates